On Tuesday evening culinary legend Jacques Pepin participated in a livestream event hosted by Feast it Forward. Chef Pepin created a 3 course menu and demonstrated all the recipes live in just one hour.Here at Nourrie Cuisine, we love Chef Pepin’s laid back approach to cooking his French-American classic dishes. However, we can’t just follow his menus line by line. First, we have to reinterpret his traditional omnivore fare into our own plant-based creations. Read on to see how we transformed a roast chicken dinner into a fresh, healthful meat and dairy-free feast.
- Mini Savory Cheesecakes on Arugula or Butterhead Lettuce
- Roasted Split Chicken with Mustard Crust
- Spinach, Macadamia Nuts, and Raisins
- Skillet Apple Charlotte
Our plant-based menu:
- Corn and Scallion Tofu Cakes on Romaine Lettuce
- Mustard Crusted Seitan Medallions with Yukon Gold Mash
- Sauteed Spinach with Macadamia Nuts and Raisins
- Quick Apple Tarte Tatin
With a few ingredient swaps we were able to reimagine Chef Pepin’s menu for a plant-based audience while maintaining the original flavors and textures that the chef intended. Thank you Chef Pepin for sharing your menu and wisdom with us!